Friday, November 15, 2013

Post 6

I finally reached New York. I am so tired. I forgot where my aunt lives. New York was so confusing for me. The streets were numbered. But I remember my friend's address so I went there. He told me that maybe I need to relax so I decided to take a bath. Once I got in the bath I remembered where my aunt lived. I hopped out the tub so fast and went to her house. I was staying in her living room until I got a job to earn money so I can get my own apartment. Fortunately, mostly everyone was away at war so it was easy to find a job. I worked on trains as a waiter. The white men called me "boy" but I didn't care. I was in New York and I was free. Free from Eutis, Florida.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't noticed that we were doing that. But thanks for the heads up.

      Delete