Friday, October 11, 2013

Post #2

I moved up to Detroit and started working there. Inez wasn't too happy bout it but, I have to do what I have to do to continue to go back to school and also Inez wants to go to school. I was making more money in Detroit than in Florida. But when I tell you, Detroit had some riots, man they had some riots. They were so crazy. They spread rumors that some white people got together and killed a black woman and her baby. Another rumor was that some black people got together and killed a white women while she was in the park. Neither one of those rumors were true. That is just crazy. So, one day I was going to work and my friend told me that I was crazy for going to work in this riot, I said, "Yeah, but I ain't got nothin' to do with it. I ain't in no gang." That night there were tanks going around. White people were beating up blacks when they were coming out the movies and black people were turning over white people's cars. It was so terrible. I went to work and I did my job. But I ended up quitting that job. They tried to make me stay, but man I got my butt on the next train and went back home to my wife Inez.


No comments:

Post a Comment